Saturday 9 June 2012

You call Ramsey a hill?

If you go biking around here, it is good to be familiar with the areas you will be going. I went biking today and found some of the most punishing hills. Some may love to bike hills (Kaleb), but I am not a fan. The uphills were so brutal, I had to walk a few. So embarrassing. The downhills weren't as much fun as you'd imagine, as they often had stoplights or dangerous intersections at the bottom of them. I did all this so I could go "workout" at a pool. My swimming workout wasn't nearly as strenuous as the ride there and back. Best part of the ride - A caution sign that said "elderly persons". If I hadn't been bombing down a hill, I would have taken a picture.
Kaleb was sick this week, so we weren't able to go to Rotorua. Luckily it's close by and we can go just about anytime. The forecasts are looking good so far for this week, so we may be able to go up the mountains. Of course weather forecasts are rarely reliable 4 days out. Kaleb is getting me a nice rain jacket and day pack from Macpac, where he works, so I'll be geared up if we're able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment